Message From the President
Click the image below to learn why on earth Jeff is wearing a green bandana, and hear his president's message for this month. Jeff provides and update on the strategic planning process, and gives details about what the Board took from the Annual Meeting's Appreciative Inquiry sessions to adopt as the key initiatives for the 2018 Strategic Plan.
Welcome New Members
Member & Association News
|Join Us For the 2018 Mid-Year Meeting!
Registration for the 2018 Mid-Year Meeting is now open! Join your colleagues for two days of education, inspiration and networking. The meeting will be held just prior to the AVMA conference in Denver, CO, July 11 - 13, 2018, at the Westin Downtown. For more information and to register, click here.
|Present a Hot Rock at the Mid-Year Meeting
The Hot Rocks program is a collection of what members (you!) are seeing and expressing as the hottest, most pressing issues, innovations and tools for the veterinary industry. If you have information to share about successful ways to help clients or members thrive, please consider presenting during our Mid-Year Meeting. The program is designed for 30 minutes of presentation time, including lively Q&A. With your input, we can make this the best Mid-Year Meeting yet!
Our on-line submission form is available at the link below. Please note that the submission deadline is April 25, 2018
Hot Rocks Submission Form
| Did You Know?.....
Did you know that The Ethics Committee does not enforce the Code of Ethics?
a. Section VI.A.: The Board of Directors enforces the Code of Ethics after the Ethics Committee reviews complaints and makes recommendations to the Board for actions to be taken against a member.
| Registered Veterinary Nurse Credential
The VetPartners Board has recently voted to support the Veterinary Nurse Initiative (VNI) and the nationwide effort to establish a single credential of Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN), and has submitted a Position Statement summarizing our support on behalf of the organization. Click here to read the statement.
|VetPartners Board, Committees & SIGs Updates
Board Motions Approved This Month
- The Board has approved a motion to create a new special interest group, the Technology & Innovation SIG. The SIG will focus on the latest technology trends, educate members on how to use technology, and offer new resources that members can offer to their clients. Look for more details to come out shortly.
The Board of Directors has commissioned the Membership Committee to enhance the membership renewal process. To that end, for your 2018 renewal, all members will have to reaffirm the VetPartners code of ethics statement and re-select their membership category based on the definitions of the different types of memberships. Category definitions and explanations/examples are available for review HERE. If you haven't done so yet, please review and complete the on-line form now: Membership Classification Form
Should you have any questions about which membership category you best fit, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com.
Social Media Sub-Committee
Have you joined our private Facebook Group page yet? This is a great place to ask questions, collaborate, and share ideas with other members. We hope you'll join us!
- Kelly Baltzell announces that Beyond Indigo Pets will be expanding to include an Enterprise Accounts branch, serving corporations, associations and larger hospital groups of 50+ in size. Read the Press Release
- Gina Fortunato announces that Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group, the provider of ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, and The Veterinary Cooperative (TC) have entered into a partnership. The two companies will work together to advance their shared mission to improve pet health. Read the Press Release
- Stacy Pursell will be doing a webinar for the AVMA on Tuesday, March 27th from 12:00 to 1:00pm CST. She will discuss the advantages of teaming up with a professional recruiter and how to best work with one throughout your career. Registration is available here.
- Andrea Crabtree, CVPM, PHR, PHRca, is hosting a CE Training Symposium for veterinary hospital managers, technicians and client service representatives on Sunday, April 8, 2018 at Stanbridge University in Irvine, CA. Click here for more information and to register.
- Joseph Axne, owenr of VeterinaryITSupport.com (powered by IT-Guru) has just been named on After Nines Inc.'s ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical market MSPs: 2018 Edition. IT-Guru was ranked 76, up from 91 in 2017, among top 100 vertical market MSPs with a vertical focus on Veterinary. Read more here
- Douglas Aspros invites any practice owners (or those seeking to become practice owners) to join Veterinary Practice Partners for one of their Practice Ownership Workshops that are RACE approved for 7 CE credits and endorsed by AAHA. Click to learn more and register for the meeting in Indianapolis on April 24th or in Cincinnati on April 26th.
- Carly Tobler announces the dates for the annual Simmons Seaside Seminar, September 20 - 22, 2018 on Jekyll Island, GA. Award-wnning and nationally recognized speakers will introduce owners and managers to fresh concepts on practice valuation models, leading and managing teams, enhancing revenues and improving social media strategy.
- A suicide awareness video Craig Spinks (Veteos) produced, highlighting Sophia Yin's story, received over 200,000 combined views in its first week on social media. The video can be viewed here
- John Volk was project leader on a major new study of the mental health and wellbeing of veterinarians. Results of the Merck Animal Health Veterinary Wellbeing Study were announced at VMX and WVC. The study was conducted by Brake Consulting in collaboration with AVMA. Read all about it here
- Tracy Dowdy wanted to share her recent Blog Post about why some women fear owning a Veterinary Practice. Read the article here
|AVMA Call for Submissions
The AVMA invites you to share your leadership insight and skills at the Veterinary Leadership Conference, held January 10-13, 2019 in Chicago, IL. VLC is a robust meeting offering a variety of sessions, networking events, and workshops. Speakers will have the opportunity to present to veterinary professionals at all stages of their career.
Submissions are currently being accepted for sessions that cover a variety of topics and are presented in a variety of formats. We invite you to learn more and submit your proposal.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2018
| Veterinary Team Brief Summit
The inaugural Veterinary Team Brief Elite Veterinary Practice Summit will be held April 6-7 in Washington, DC. The summit provides training practice owner and managers can use to reach the next level in practice management. With content curated by the team behind Veterinary Team Brief, speakers include VetPartners members Denise Tumblin, Heather Prendergast, Tracy Dowdy, Stacee Santi, and David McCormick.
For more information, visit veterinaryteambrief.com/summit. There are a few spots still available; anyone interested in attending or sending clients to attend can contact Amy Mohl for a discount code.
| VHMA News
VHMA's 2017 Compensation and Benefits Survey examined the level of compensation and benefits provided to Veterinary Managers as well as the factors that can influence those levels. In general, the 2017 results show a rebound in salary and hourly wages for office managers. Practice managers report no change and hospital administrators registered an increase in both salary and hours worked. Read the Press Release
VHMA's February 2018 Insiders' Insight management survey asked managers about mentoring future practice management professionals. Only 6% have a formal mentor program in place while 66% have some kind of informal mentoring going on. For those practices that do offer a mentoring program (formal or informal) the majority of them cover topics in Human Resources, Marketing and Client Service, Inventory, and Medical Records. Interestingly, Risk Management is the topic least addressed in a mentorship program.
|SHARE YOUR NEWS WITH FELLOW MEMBERS!
The VetPartners e-Bulletin is published monthly on or around the 15th of the month. We are always looking for news and information to share. If you have any, please send to our Association Administrator, Elizabeth McArthur, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can review our e-Bulletin Submission Policy HERE.
Upcoming VetPartners Events
SAVE THE DATES
2018 MID-YEAR MEETING
July 11 - 13, 2018
Special Thanks to our Sponsors